Friday, July 7, 2017

Down the TBR Hole #4

Source: 


Down the TBR Hole is a meme/feature hosted by Lia (Lost in a Story). Hopefully this will remind me to read some of these long-lost, woeful books that have been sitting untouched, forgotten on these bookshelves of mine.


Rules
  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

* I'm not offering actively "giveaways" anymore - but if you're an Aussie resident and interested in any of the books I'm giving away, feel free to ask about them! I'm happy to give them away, just that there hasn't been that much reception in the past. Otherwise I'll be trying to sell the books through Carousell. ;)

Let's get started!

Current TBR count: 415





Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony
Release date: 13/05/2010

This seems to be a quieter dystopian novel. I really have no excuse to have not read this book yet. I really loved the concept of it, and seems like it focuses on family and compassion. And there's music!

Verdict: KEEP


Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Release date: 19/05/2010

This sounded like such a cute and fluffy read about - hello! - mermaids. But I think I have since outgrown this book, though I wouldn't object to seeing a movie with the same premise because I think it would be a fun teen movie to see hahah.

Verdict: GO


Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Release date: 01/01/2008

Based on a version of "Scarborough Fair". Family curse. Pregnancy. This one still sounds fairly interesting. I might give this a go, but I'm a bit unsure if I'll love it or hate it, seems that it's got lots of mixed reviews.

Verdict: KEEP


By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Ann Peters
Release date: 01/04/2009

This is the first time I truly read the synopsis. I'm so curious about this one! About a girl who has decided to end her life, and then a boy begins sitting next to her during class and he won't give up and leave her alone... A book about the detrimental impacts of bullying.

Verdict: KEEP



Hate List by Jennifer Brown
Release date: 01/09/2009

Another book that centres on bullying and death. I was interested in those themes back then, and still am today! This includes school shootings. Haven't actually read anything that includes one. Another one that I should have read already!



Verdict: KEEP





Have you read any of these books? Do you disagree with my choices? Are there any of these that you're interested to read? Let me know in the comments!


Related Posts with Thumbnails