Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (14): Rival

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Grab the book you are currently reading and randomly post two non-spoiler sentences.


Summary:



BROOKE
I don't like Kathryn Pease. I could pretend everything's fine between us. I could be nice to her face, then trash her behind her back. But I think it's better to be honest. I don't like Kathryn, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

KATHRYN
I saw a commercial where singers used their voices to shatter glass, but the whole thing is pretty much a myth. The human voice isn't that strong.

Human hatred is. Anybody who doubts that should feel the hate waves coming off of Brooke Dempsey. But I don't shatter; I'm not made of glass. Anyway, the parts that break aren't on the outside.

~~~

Brooke and Kathryn used to be best friends . . . until the night when Brooke ruthlessly turned on Kathryn in front of everyone. Suddenly Kathryn was an outcast and Brooke was Queen B. Now, as they prepare to face off one last time, each girl must come to terms with the fact that the person she hates most might just be the best friend she ever had.


Teaser:

"Studious cat iz studious," I say. "I can haz hall pass?"
"Don't try to lolspeak your way out of this one," he laughs. "And turn off the Matt Melter. It won't work either."

(pg. 17)

I love this scene. Probably my favourite in the book so far (up to pg. 70). I already surpassed the 2 sentence rule, so I'll leave the rest up for you to find out. :)


Book Information:

Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer
Pages: 330
Release date: February 15th 2011
Genre: YA, contemporary
Ages: 14+


 Hope you enjoy this week's Teaser Tuesday!


This week's question:


Have you ever had a rival?




Related Posts with Thumbnails