Saturday, February 5, 2011

You've probably realised this by now

I really want this to work out, but I try and try and I'm not feeling it. At least not at the moment. Maybe it's due to the fact that my room is always so hot so I'm usually out in the lounge at home, playing games or watching TV. I've been neglecting reading, blogging and just being a part of the community. Basically my blog is going to be going on a short break. I'm not sure how long I'll be away for, but I guess it was only a matter of time.

I'll be reviewing books every so often, whenever I do get around to finishing a book. Right now, I've got three ARC tours that couldn't have come at a better time (So sorry Holly. Not sure if I'm expecting any more, but yeah now I've got to get a box with the amount of books I owe you.) Those ARCs are The Locket, The Daughter of Xanadu and Cate of the Lost Colony - all of them I'm excited to read. I just haven't been able to get into a book because of this heat, as I said before.

I'm definitely expecting my follower count to decrease, but even right now that doesn't matter to me, because those followers don't care enough to stay. I really do enjoy blogging and reading; I just need to take a break from it all, clear my mind and start fresh. I want to start reading because I want to, and not have to take notes or worry about what I'm going to say about said book. The other day when I was writing up the review for Six Impossible Things (now out), I was thinking to myself I feel like I'm in english class again. I'm sure you know the feeling.

Also, since it'll be cooling down for next week, I should be able to both get some reading done and dump off things at the post office. I'm horrified that I let it go this far, but after all this, I'm pretty much done with Bookmooch. I still haven't even touched any of the books I've mooched, and it's just too stressful when I can't drive just yet. Maybe when I get my Ps (and maybe a job) I'll open it up again. Same with contests. Maybe that's the sole reason some people follow my blog, I don't know, and I don't care if this news is what makes you unfollow me.

With university first year just around the corner too . . . well, I'm going to be busy. Guess I should've seen it coming, that things were going to be changing. I'm really hoping against hope that I still want to blog after the break, I really do. Especially since there are so many amazing people, those who have sent me review copies and other goodies . . . .


Question

How have you gotten over a reading slump, or any other slump for that matter?


I'm thinking I just need to stop taking review copies. They're so tempting, but it's physically impossible for me to read that much, and I want to be able to read books that I've bought for myself, or books I'm really excited about. Hmm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails