Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (3)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Grab the book you are currently reading and randomly post a couple sentences.
Wow! Already at 3 Teaser Tuesdays. Hehe. My blog is solidifying.

Here is a teaser for "The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope" by Elizabeth Isaacs (galley from Elizabeth Isaacs):


“Sophie?” I hollered, as I headed into the darkness. “Is that you?”

The air became heavy. I glanced back and was surprised by the distant flicker of colored bulbs. I was farther from the festival than I thought. Adrenaline rushed, and my heart found its way to my throat as my senses heightened. I had never been scared of the dark, but I now had a deeper understanding of the world—and there was definitely something unnatural about this night. I stepped into the forest wall, straining to look through the darkness... (p.72)

So there you have it. This book was released March 22nd 2010, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's a fantasy YA novel, very well written as you can see (and this is a galley, and some wording and spelling errors make that fact apparenty), and so far I'd definitely recommend you at least check it out. I'm not usually a fantasy person, but I'm pretty drawn in to the story, and characters and the world that Elizabeth Isaacs has painted with her 'words on paper'. :P

Hope you enjoy this week's
Teaser Tuesday! What are you reading?


The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope by Elizabeth Isaacs
Pages: 380
Release date: March 2010
Genre: fantasy, romance, action, adventure
Ages: YA-- some sexual scenes, I have not finished, so there may be and possibly are more

If Nora Johnson hadn't been on campus that day she would have never known her true destiny. Helping her friends move into the dorm that she wanted to call home, Nora accidentally collides with mysterious stranger, Gavin Frey. His very first touch sends flames through her heart. The world seems different-something within her has changed.

Nora tries to resume her mundane life, but she is now consumed with the one whose very presence ignited her soul, the one with eyes of emerald. Nora soon learns that an energy buried deep within has been unleashed. She now wields unimaginable power and has become Gavin's source, his strength.

Her newfound joy is shaken when she discovers that Gavin is not who he appears to be and she has been thrust in the middle of a war of mythical proportions. Negativity has allowed all things evil to flourish, the earth is under siege. The fate of creation hinges on the power within her heart. Will she be strong enough to survive?

A gripping tale of unbounded love and ancient power, The Light of Asteria will take you on an epic adventure filled with war, treachery, and demons, as well as unimaginable delights.
Also, new visitors, go check out my contest. Open to all those who The Book Depository ships to. :) Please check that your country is on there before entering.

13 comments:

gautami tripathy said... [Reply]

Great cover!

Teaser Tuesday: The Likeness by Tana French

Josette said... [Reply]

Sounds like a great fantasy book to read!

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said... [Reply]

Gosh, this sounds like a fantastic read and the cover is gorgeous too!

Kristin said... [Reply]

Sounds like a great book.

I don't know how I got the color alongside the quote on my page...it just appeared there last week... :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog...I am now a new follower of yours!

Beth F said... [Reply]

Spooky!

Kristin said... [Reply]

I think Private is really good - and I think from what I've read and heard on the news, it is going to be James Patterson's newest series. This time, though, some of the books are going to be written in other languages first and then if they do well, will be translated into English. It is going to be an international series. Have you read any of his books?

Laurel-Rain Snow said... [Reply]

This does sound gripping...

Here's mine:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/teaser-tuesdays-15/

Manga Maniac said... [Reply]

Nice teaser. I haven't seen this book before.

Mine are here -

Manga Maniac Cafe

Audrey said... [Reply]

Good teaser! That actually sounds like a pretty good book, might have to check the library for it.

There are actually two different covers for the book I posted from today. Since you didn't like the one I had on my blog I changed it :)
HERE is my teaser with the new cover.

Aimee said... [Reply]

Great teaser, I hadn't heard of this one before, but sounds interesting. If the story is good enough, I can let the misspelled words and bad grammar slide a bit.


My teaser is here.

Midnight Sapphire Books said... [Reply]

Sounds like a good read!

You definitley should try the Soul Screamers series

Kaye said... [Reply]

"something unnatural" sounds most intriguing. I'm glad you've enjoyed the book. Here's my Teaser for the week.

Rebecca Chapman said... [Reply]

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails