Sunday, May 8, 2011

In My Mailbox (31): Salivation City


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I'm going to the park in about an hour, so I'll post this quickly.

~~~

I broke my book buying ban. I bought a book for $4.
I also went to BORDERS at Parramatta. Closing down sale -- everything is 50%+ off!
But I didn't buy anything. Most of the YA section was Twilight or paranormal...
All the good stuff was taken, methinks.

Note: This is TWO week's worth of books.

Continue! :D


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.



For Review:


A Pocketful of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson
(01/05/11, Allen & Unwin - requested)

The same author as Pink, which many of you would know of. This sounds really good. I'll be reading this when I get an urge for a bit of mystery.

The Taste of Apple by James Laidler
(01/09/10, author - accepted)

I will have to read this soon. It shouldn't take long since it's a verse. It sounds and looks really good. It even has an audio CD included, and it would be a great text for anyone doing the HSC/VCE! ;)

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
(07/03/11, Hardie Grant Egmont - requested)

It looks beautiful next to my copy of The Dark Divine! I cannot wait to continue the series (I'm reading TDD right now).

Bought:

  • North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
  • The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (preorder)
  • I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler (preorder)
  • Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson (preorder)
  • Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick (preorder)
  • No and Me by Delphine de Vigan ($4 at Basement Books - pictured below)
I couldn't be more excited! *sigh* I'm not even sure which one I'm most excited about! I have a good feeling about all of these, and I sure hope to share my thoughts on them in the near future!


Won:


Eona by Alison Goodman
(Thanks Braiden and Harper Collins!)

This is the sequel to Eon, which I don't have a copy of just yet. I'm a bit intimidated by the length of this book, but it looks really good. I might just have to pursue the first book! Braiden really enjoys this series, so I reckon I'll give it a try.



 

Swapped

Wood Angel by Erin Bow

Called Plain Kate in the USA. I like both covers, so I'll probably get a paperback of PK if it ever releases...

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Woot! I've been dying for a copy ever since I saw that fabulous *ahem* book trailer! How awesome is it? Seriously. Haha. Ha. But seriously speaking, I can't wait to read this. I'm also so excited to meet Kristin, that I've bought Fire.

Good Girls by Laura Ruby

Haven't heard much about this book but I thought, eh, I'll give it a shot! 

Swag:

I got another bookmark or two from The Book Depository. And bookmarks from Jess!

{picture of TBD bookmark} -- The 2nd from the right, keyboard shortcuts.

Netgalley:

Spellbound. I got rejected for Imaginary Girls. *makes stabbing actions in the direction of Dutton headquarters. :P* Haha. Kidding, but I am annoyed. But apparently most everyone who has requested has been rejected. And that's really sad, because I reckon this book needs more word of mouth to make this book as big as it can be. Oh well.

Comment if you did get accepted for Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma.... Comment if you didn't so we can complain together haha.


Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links!! :D And sorry for the rushed IMM. I really have to go now!

~~~


Since last IMM...
  • Read:
    Small Blue Thing by S.C. Ransom
    Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
    Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
  • Next up:
    The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
    The Taste of Apple by James Laidler
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore


Related Posts with Thumbnails