Sunday, May 22, 2011

In My Mailbox (33):


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

Got some great books this week. Most of it is contemporary YA. You'd think I would be sick of the genre by now, but the good times just keep on rolling!

Continue! :D


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.

For Review:



What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
(30/05/11, 400 pp., Penguin Australia, RRP $16.95 - requested)
Sarah Dessen's newest novel! I've heard good things about this book, and just looking at the cover in person is making me want to see the rest of the AU/UK editions!

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
(01/06/11, 500 pp., Hodder & Stoughton, RRP $16.99 - unsolicited)
I had not heard of this title before I received it. I'm a bit unsure of this one, just because of all of the comparisons this book has with Twilight. The Indian and circus and tiger thing really interests me though so I'll just see how it fares with me personally.

The Comet Box by Adrian Stirling
(30/05/11, 260 pp., Penguin Australia, RRP $19.95 - requested)
Looks good. Haven't seen any reviews yet, though it has been mentioned around.

I love the presentation of all three of these. Thank you to Penguin and Hachette for sending these along!

Bought:


It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
(05/05/11, Razorbill, $7.74 - preordered)

It looks very cute and summery. I really love these covers, possible moreso than the US ones because the US ones show what the characters look like. I also like the way the book matches so well with the first book. I'm saving up these books for the summer holidays!




Won:


I've won a couple of books recently, but they haven't arrived yet. It's more concerning than saddening. :/

Swapped


  • Everything Beautiful by Simmone HowellI love the engraved detail of the writings on the tree!
  • Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti
    Another campsy contemp book. I'm not crazy about these kinds of books (focused on romance), but I do want to see what the love for Colasanti is about. What I DIDN'T notice about the cover until I saw it in person, was that the boy is wearing glasses! Anyone else not see it before? :S
  • Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn MoriartyCan someone please just sigh? The only other in-letters-only kind of book I've ever read was Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (my favourite non-child-or-YA author). I've already bumped this up to the top of my TBR, so don't pester me and tell me read it now. I'm crazy excited to read this!

  • Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
    I love books that are set or based around or near the ocean/sea/beach/lake/water anything. This looks like a really romantic book with mermaids in it! I still really want Sea by Heidi R. Kling... (Haven't bought a copy because I won one like 9 months ago and it's either still in the US or in a box somewhere between there and my mailbox, maybe lost at sea), but I'm excited to read this one too.
Thanks to Jess and Josie!
I swapped out 2 Twilight Illustrated Companions and Sapphique.

Swag:

---

Netgalley / Galley Grab:

Sometimes it Happens & Blood Red Road

Haha you can tell I'm getting really lazy wth this section. I really haven't read any titles for so long that I'm questioning why I still "collect" them. And to that, I wonder if getting an e-reader, at all, would ever make a difference to my reading these ebooks. There are simply too many physical copies to even think of dedicating time to these titles. But still I click on.





Q: What is the one thing about blogging (or reading if you're not a blogger) that has surprised you? What have you learnt about yourself?

Me? I'm constantly surprised by the fact that it's been almost a year and I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT I USED TO DO BEFORE BLOGGING. As in, what would occupy my time, because even before blogging and reading I spent way too much time on the web. I just can't remember what I used to do ...


Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links!! :D

~~~


Since last IMM...
  • Currently Reading:
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  • Next up:
    The Taste of Apple by James Laidler
    Happy Birthday to Me by Brian Rowe

Also note that since my first uni semester is drawing to a close, I will be too busy and tired to be reading or blogging much. That includes Google Reader and even possibly memes. I've scheduled a post for when my clinical placements start (when I go off to the hospital for a week to practice my skills and be assessed by the faciliatators there) and from the following few weeks onward there will likely be no posts at all.


Related Posts with Thumbnails