Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Books in Colour (2): Another book haul


MBiC is a fortnightly post book haul feature, and is inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where my idea came from.

~~~~~

13th of May 2012 ~ Notes

Thanks for the comments 2 weeks ago, guys! I'm back with part 1 of my May haul. :) It kind of worries me that I may not get really colourful books for a particular fortnight, so maybe I'll have to do something a bit creative with that in the future. Anyway, I got some GREAT books. I also got lazy and didn't change the banner or feature title. I really don't like either. :/

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, YO!

From we♥it.



~~~~~

Black and White - Rainbow




Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy), click on images to zoom in, all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap


For Review:

Thanks to...

Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury, Egmont, Pan Macmillan and Penguin

  • Whisper (#4) by Alyson Noel (01/05/2012) - unsolicited *
  • Disharmony (#1) by Leah Giarratano (23/05/2012) - unsolicited
  • Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (01/05/2012) - requested?
  • Dead Time by Anne Cassidy ARC (01/06/2012) - unsolicited *
  • Burn Mark by Laura Powell (01/07/2012) - requested?
  • Messy (#2) by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan - unsolicited *
  • Silhouette by Thalia Kalkipsakis ARC (Jul-12) - requested

I have Silhouette, Burn Mark & Disharmony on my reading pile for June. I will get to reading Every Other Day eventually... the others are up for swap. Gah, I don't know what to do about all my books that are up for swap. Any suggestions?

Bought:


  • Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
    I bought Hate List pb a while back, and OMG they're beautiful together. Maybe I'll read them someday, ha!
  • Past Perfect by Leila Sales
    So many readers have recommended this book, and the pb was so cheap I just could not pass it up!
  • Insurgent (#2) by Veronica Roth
    Duh.
  • The Season by Sarah MacLean
    As a fan of historical fiction, I knew I was going to get a copy of this eventually. Since there was a 10% off promo at TBD, I figured I might as well get the 90c off.. :P

All paperback pre-orders except for Insurgent which is a hardcover pre-order that I ordered months and months ago. I've already read Insurgent - check out my review!

I try to be picky with what I buy. I'll spend days with the basket open on my Firefox window. Anyone else do that? Many times I've taken as long as a week just to get through an order. Some times my final order is completely different to the one I started out with! XD


*ahem* I also bought Ingrid Michaelson's album Human Again, which came out last year. I love her music & personality so, so much. I know it's not likely, but if she were to come touring Australia, I wouldn't even hesitate to grab tix.

Notable tracks, for me, are:
I'm also in love with Live It With Love, but it's not in my normal edition copy. :(




Q: How do you organise your bookshelves?

My system has always been kind of messy, at least compared to many other people around here. I have a bookshelf for my nursing textbooks and the bottom shelves are full of books I've read and reviewed. My TBR bookshelf is organised by how I obtained that book. Top shelf is full of review copies, middle shelf is of books I bought, and the bottom has books I swapped for/won. I keep aside books that are on my reading pile, and special books I want to be reminded to read soon.






Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links.


Related Posts with Thumbnails