Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Books in Colour (6) - Book Haul


MBiC is a fortnightly post book haul feature, and is inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where my idea came from.

~~~~~

7th of October 2012 ~ Notes

This book haul will be my third last of the year: one more for October (in a fortnight), and another in December when I finally get my proper summer holidays. I talk about that a bit more in the Netgalley section of this post... it's not looking pretty, folks.

Anyway, I got SO MANY GREAT BOOKS! I always have so much fun making these book haul posts, because I get to remember what I've received over the weeks and the initial excitement comes right back to me. :) Even better than that is seeing other peoples' book hauls... I just love to share the excitement!

MBiC minus the Netgalley grabs


Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy), click on images to zoom in, all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap


For Review

Thanks to...
Hachette, HarlequinTeen, Penguin and Random House (via the author!)


  1. The FitzOsbornes in Exile (#2) - Michelle Cooper - 13/03/2012 - accepted
  2. The Lost Prince (#1) - Julie Kagawa - 23/10/2012 - unsolicited ARC *
  3. Orphan of the Flames (#2) - H.L. Dennis - 01/10/2012 - unsolicited
  4. The Mark of Athena (#3) - Rick Rjordan - 01/10/2012 - unsolicited *
A big big BIG thanks to Michelle Cooper. I absolutely LOVED A Brief History of Montmaray (my review) and so I'm looking forward to read on with The FitzOsbornes in Exile. I'm too far behind in The Iron Fey series to take on this spin-off series, so The Lost Prince is up for swap. Same with The Mark of Athena (though that cover's pretty intense). I'm actually kind of interested to see where Orphan of the Flames goes. I just hope I don't need to read the first book to understand everything.

Netgalley

Thanks to...
HarperCollins Australia & Penguin Australia!


Note: A Ring Through Time does not have a cover.
I have every intention of reading all of these books, but life is looking pretty hectic until December. After exams mid-November I have clinical placement for two weeks at a nursing home. I suspect I won't even have the energy to do any blogging (or reading) from 22nd October onwards, til 8th December. Ack! I just depressed myself.
Bought

  1. Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
  2. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
  3. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory McGuire
  4. Eon by Alison Goodman
  5. Collected Folk Tales by Alan Garner
  6. The Selected Works of Edgar Allan Poe
1 was acquired through The Book Depository. 2-6 was through AllBooks4Less, to the total of $31~. I always knew I'd get a copy of Someone Else's Life. Same with Eon and The Demon King. I saw the others through just randomly browsing through the sales listings, and if you total up to $30+, you get free shipping. But I'm glad I did add those other three titles to the shipping basket--they all sound fascinating!


Q: Has your taste in books changed since you started blogging/became a member of Goodreads/in the past few years?
Before I started blogging I had a very narrow view on different genres and would stick to what felt right to me. I'm still not the biggest fan of paranormal, but I would never have guessed that I'd become so enamoured with the fantasy genre.


Happy reading everybody! Comment below.
Share with me what books you got! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails