Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (3): Authors in Contemporary YA


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

I only ever participate in these when I find the topic really interesting. This week's topic is "Top 10 favorite authors in X genre". I've chosen Contemporary YA, since it's the genre I feel I know the most. I included the books that I have read by each author (in the contemp YA genre), with links to my reviews. All these authors listed in the top ten are on my auto-buy list.


Top Ten Favourite Authors in Contemp YA
(in no particular order)

  1. Holly Cupala [Tell Me a Secret & Don't Breathe a Word]
  2. A.S. King [Please Ignore Vera Dietz, among others]
  3. Kirsten Hubbard [Like Mandarin & Wanderlove]
  4. Jay Asher [Thirteen Reasons Why]
  5. Stephanie Perkins [Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door]
  6. Hannah Harrington [Saving June & Speechless]
  7. Laura Buzo [Good Oil & Holier Than Thou]
  8. Tara Kelly [Harmonic Feedback & Amplified]
  9. Jandy Nelson [The Sky is Everywhere]
  10. Gayle Forman [If I Stay & Where She Went]

There is also John Green (The Fault in Our Stars), Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall) and Natalie Standiford (How to Say Goodbye in Robot) that I just have to mention.


  Now how about you? 



Related Posts with Thumbnails