Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Books in Colour (7): Too many books!


MBiC is a fortnightly post book haul feature, and is inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where my idea came from.

~~~~~

20th of October 2012 ~ Notes

I couldn't help myself and I regret nothing. This is one of the few times I've ever actually purchased more books than I acquired by other means, but it was worth it.

From Monday I'm off to a psychiatric hospital for my mental health nursing placement. I'm freaking scared. Someone who'd already been to this place was given a sensor belt that would sound an alarm if you were lying down (i.e., that someone was attacking you). Well, it should be an interesting two weeks anyway.

...Onto the books!


Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy), click on images to zoom in, all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap




For Review

Thanks to...
Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury, Random House
(Lara, Sonia and Dorothy, respectively <3)




  1. Breathe (#1) - Sarah Crossan - 11/10/2012 - unsolicited?
  2. The Diviners (#1) - Libba Bray - 01/11/2012 - accepted
  3. Shine Light (#3) - Marianne de Pierres - 01/11/2012 - unsolicited
I can't confirm whether what is inside those beautiful covers are equal for 1 and 3, but I'm reading 2 (The Diviners) right now and it's simultaneously just so amazingly creepy and enchanting... this is a BEAST of a book, which is why it's taking more than a week to finish off. I still have to get Burn Bright (book #1 of 3) and I'm hoping to tackle the trilogy in the summer holidays.

Bought

  1. Annexed by Sharon Dogar
  2. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
  3. Slide by Jill Hathaway
  4. Pan's Whisper by Sue Lawson
  5. Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
  6. Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris
(2) was acquired through Basement Books [BB]; all others were through All Books 4 Less [AB4L]. For all 8 books, I think it was around $43 total. Not bad... not bad at all. I can't even pick out one that I want to read above the rest! Help me choose. ;) It's great when they show up in the remainder store for $2-5!

I also got two adult books, which are shown in the overall photo, but not in the montage just above. Atonement ($5 - AB4L) and The Language of Flowers ($2 - BB), both I've been wanting to read for AYYYY-HAGES (read that like Norbert from The Angry Beavers).

Won

Thanks to the crazy Saz & Hachette! This book--this book! Has been so well received. I love the spine of this one and the concept of Slated... I just want to know more right now!



Q: What is your favourite bookshop?

I think this has been growing for years, but I'm definitely an online shopper. I rarely ever go to the shops, though I absolutely LOVE spending as much time as I possibly can just browsing through the shelves. I just love doing my research before I take the plunge and buy something. The one major drawback is those FREE SHIPPING* (when you buy $$ or more) hooks.

Anyway, I'm going to have to say my ultimate favourite bookshop is Better World Books. They have great prices (rarely, even better than The Book Depo), they have free shipping AND they work for a greater cause. I can't say I've bought too many books from the shop, but I'm always impressed by their speedy delivery and quality packaging.


Happy reading everybody! Comment below.
Share with me what books you got! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails