Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (25): The Beginning of After & Lola and The Boy Next Door

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: The Beginning of After {goodreads}
Author: Jennifer Castle
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 06/09/11
Publisher: Harper Collins

Why am I waiting on this?

When I first looked at the cover, I thought the model was Marie Digby, a musician I like (not love, but I had my moment). Her vulnerable but determinate and powerful expression and pose . . . . The design of the cover is so simple, but just really pretty, and screams CONTEMPORARY! I also love oxymorons, and the title "The Beginning of After", is just that. I also like the intermingling of the blue and yellow, with the stark contrast of red/orange along the top. All in all, I think the presentation is stunning. This is sure to lure in contemporary fans!

There's also the Gayle Forman, Sarah Dessen comparison at the end that's got me all intrigued . . . .

Links:


Official Site
Jennifer's Blog
Jennifer's Twitter (I'm the 8th follower, haha)




Title:  Lola and The Boy Next Door {goodreads}
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 29/09/11
Publisher: Dutton (Penguin)

Why am I waiting on this?

Stephanie Perkins . . . hello? Anna and the French Kiss stands as one of my favourite YA books, and Steph's companion (the first one) shows great potential. We all know Anna wasn't a fluke, that whatever she throws at us is going to be totally awesome. Dig the purple dregs. Can't wait to see how this is somehow coalesced with Anna's story!


Links:


Official Site
Stephanie's Blog
Twitter | Facebook


Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. ♥

Comment with your WoW post and I'll check it out!
Related Posts with Thumbnails