Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Day Book Meme: Day 8

"Memes are fun! Well, some of them are at least."
Hosted by Arielle (Chimneys and Magic)!
Day 8: Most overrated book

Note: I don't like this topic. Most of these books I liked
but expected much more of due to the hype.

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (contemporary)
Just took me ages to get through this. It just didn't do it for me.
I still liked this, but I wish I hadn't bought it.

Matched (dystopian)
This is probably #1, if I were listing in order.
I loved the concept, but it was just boring and too slow.
That stupid cliffhanger makes me want to know what happens next though.
I didn't hate it, but I was severely let down.



Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (fantasy)
Ugh. I just don't know why so many people loved this one.
Either I was sleeping or nothing really did happen.

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (contemporary)
 I have no doubts that this was lifechanging for so many people.
But I just didn't dig it, you know?



Again, these were all books where the high ratings and hyped up reviews just let me down.
If I hadn't been expecting so much, maybe ...

What is the most overrated book?


Related Posts with Thumbnails