Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (29):


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

Great, great books this week!


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.

Sorry, the picture is all grainy . . .


For Review:

Small Blue Thing by S.C. Ransom
(01/05/11, Nosy Crow -- unsolicited)
Debut YA '11

I have high hopes for this new series. Check out the trailer. Also, a new publisher. ;) I love the tag line 'Love. Death. Memory. Betrayal. The Thames holds its secrets.'

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
(01/05/11, Headline -- accepted)
Paranormal YA
Not much of an explanation needed for this one. I can't remember exactly how events played out though, since Nomes (inkcrush) sent me her copy the other week . . . Hmm. Anyway, I smell a possible giveaway in future.
Evercrossed (#4, Kissed by an Angel) by Elizabeth Chandler
(01/04/11, Simon & Schuster -- requested)
 
I thought this was the first of the series, no idea why. Anyway, hopefully I'll be receiving the omnibus #1-3 soon, so I can read these!

Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien
(01/05/11, Simon & Schuster -- requested)
Debut YA '11 (AU/UK)

Squee! I really like this cover, what clever composition!

Divergent by Veronica Roth
(01/05/11, Harper Collins -- accepted)
Debut YA '11

*sigh*

Bought:

  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
  • Heist Society by Ally Carter
  • The Disreputable History of Frankie Landeau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Eh. I'm doing this imm really last minute. It's so late that I can't be bothered even linking to these. Got everyone of these, except for Water for Elephants, at Basement Books. Total for those four: $15~ AU. Super cheap, huh?


Won:


Where She Went by Gayle Forman
(05/04/11, Dutton Juvenile, Thanks to Shannon O'Donnell!)
Contemp YA

My Review. "Character-driven and chilling, Gayle Forman's sequel is emotional and uplifting, and perpetually stimulating. Can't wait to finally see what new story Forman has in store, though I'm sad to finally have to say goodbye to those Oregon-originated characters."


Swapped:

---


Aussie R.A.K.:

Jealousy (#3, Strange Angels) by Lili St. Crow
(02/08/10, Razorbill UK) 
Paranormal YA

Thanks so much to Nic from Irresistable Reads for sending this along! I still can't get started reading this series, and I'm crossing my fingers that I actually do like the books. Haha. I hope so, since Nic said she's a fan of the series, and I love heroines who know how to kick ass.



Swag:

  • Little Women, Puffin postcard

    Thanks to Steph of My Girl Friday for sending me the postcard! I'm glad because I actually have a copy of Little Women in possession, so it now has a nice home. :)

  • Forgotten post-its

    Beautiful. :) I'll be giving away some in the near future . . . Thanks a lot, Jennifer!

Netgalley:

---


Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links!! :D

~~~


Since last IMM...


Related Posts with Thumbnails