Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (35) - 4 for 4

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


It has been a month since my last WoW post.
Thus the "4 for 4". All 2012 releases. :) Share my excitement!
2 male authors, 2 female authors.

~~~
 
(in order of release date)


~ Ladies first ~



Title: The List {goodreads}
Author: Siobhan Vivian
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): April 2012
Publisher: uh...derp.

Why am I waiting on this?

Sounds pretty interesting. As much as I try not to, I'm reminded of the Glist (Glee List), or the list in Thirteen Reasons Why. I'll be looking forward to see what Vivian has brought to the table. Ahem. Why is that cover urking me a bit? Please, someone tell me why.






Title: Struck {goodreads}
Author: Jennifer Bosworth
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 08/05/12
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux BYR

Why am I waiting on this?

First, look at the cover. Dystopia doesn't get more obvious than that! Hehe. The synopsis gives me reason to believe that Struck will be action-packed, so I can only hope that I'll be able to connect with the main characters and that the overall delivery is good. I'm really hoping for some great dystopian YA for 2012!





And now, FOR THE MEN!


Title: Wintertown {goodreads}
Author: Stephen Emond
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 05/12/11 <-- close enough to '12!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Why am I waiting on this?

I just really dig the whole vibe it's giving off. The novel apparently has illustrations running throughout, so that's a big plus. I love little additions authors have in their books! The Christmas/winter 







Title: Partials {goodreads}
Author: Dan Wells
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 28/02/12
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Why am I waiting on this?

I really like the font used for the cover! Hehe. More on the actual book though. Dystopia! More of it. I haven't read a dystopian written by a male before so that'll be interesting. Also, the tagline really does peak my interest. The desolate tone in the cover really does outline the epitome of a dystopian society, does it not? Heck, I just really love the cover.






Thanks for visiting my weekly (AHEM) WoW post. ♥

Comment with your WoW post and I'll check it out!
Related Posts with Thumbnails