Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (13): Whisper My Name

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Grab the book you are currently reading and randomly post a couple sentences.

"I stared into the mirror, almost willing her to appear there, but only one reflection, my own, stared back. But then it came . . . the sense of someone just behind me, so close I could feel their warmth, feel them slowly touching my head. Tears pricked my eyes, though I didn't know why I was crying, because my heart was filled with gladness."

(pg 197)
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whisper My Name by Jane Eagland
Pages: 400
Release date: December 2010 (AU)
Genre: YA, historical, mystery
Ages: 14+

Blurb (Goodreads):


Since she was twelve, Meriel Garland has lived with her grandfather in London, exiled from her beloved India following the death of her mother. Now sixteen, Meriel chafes against the strict regime of tests and study that her grandfather imposes on her. Escaping, she discovers a world outside her narrow existence - one that promises admiration for her acting skills, social success and the excitement of seances. But what should have been a game turns serious as the young medium Sophie Casson passes on a message from Meriel's dead mother - and Meriel begins to suspect she might not be alone in the world after all. In searching for the truth about her past, Meriel uncovers a sinister scheme - and soon it's hard to know who she can really trust.


 Hope you enjoy this week's Teaser Tuesday!

What are you reading?




Related Posts with Thumbnails