Sunday, January 19, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge 2014 (7): Blogger Pet Peeves


So at the end of 2013 I was looking for something that would help me wrap up the reading/blogging year for me. I finally found it! This challenge consists of one question a day, for the first two weeks of the new year. I'm coming into this a little bit late, but that's never stopped me before! Thanks to Parajunkee for your continued creativity!

Day Seven: Top Ten Book Blogger Pet Peeves



  1. Music that turns on immediately as you load the page. If I have to mute my speakers to be on your blog (meaning I couldn't find where the music was coming from) you're doing something wrong.
  2. Too many images everywhere or too big and flashy.
  3. Bad grammar, sloppy editing. This is a big thing for me as I've naturally always been a stickler for correct use of the language. I still make mistakes, but don't mistake your "your"s with "you're", or "too" with "to", "there" with "they're", etc. Use spell check, or type in MS Word before you post.
  4. No/barely any book reviews at all, only book hauls or tags. I'm a really lazy blogger myself, but if your only posts are book hauls or tags it sends the wrong message to me. It says, "I'm only interested in showing off/getting pageviews", like, do you even read?
  5. Comment verification. I dislike comment verification with a burning passion!!!
  6. No images in your posts, like, at all.
  7. Getting series books in the mail for review. It just makes me feel bad, especially if I never had any intention on reading that series in the first place. I wish publicists would consider whether their reader would actually read the series, if they have the first books... email ahead of time instead of simply posting them off? I love getting books from publishers, don't get me wrong, it's just... I don't have much space in my room for more books, so this certainly doesn't help.
  8. On reviews - be personal too. I don't just want a summary of what happened in the book. I want to know what you think. 
  9. Getting random indie author friend requests on Goodreads. I know you're trying to get your book out there but I explicitly state in my description that I don't accept indie authors unless you're also a book reviewer. That also goes for normal members who don't review books but also request me as a friend.
  10. The drama. I haven't seen any of it lately, but that might be due to the fact that I haven't been as active on the Blogosphere...?

Related Posts with Thumbnails