Thursday, July 28, 2011

30 Day Book Meme: Day 1

"Memes are fun! Well, some of them are at least."
Hosted by Arielle (Chimneys and Magic)!
I may be a bit late with this meme, but it just sounded so much fun that I couldn't resist! Plus I've been a bit slow on reading lately, which will become apparent in the near future haha (since I prepare reviews a bit in advance and haven't been doing that).

I didn't participate in Nome's (inkcrush) "Faves on 2011 (so far)" so hopefully this will give you all a bit of an idea how my year has been going.


Day 1: The Best Book I Read in 2010

As lots of you know, I pretty much started my book craze last year in May and since then I've encountered some great gems.


No contest, it has to be Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.


Why?


First off, there's the French-ness of it all. I've always wanted to go to France - this book just enabled that desire even more. The characters are diverse, imaginative, fleshed out, relatable, likeable, realistic, fantastic. Especially Anna, with her tell-it-all perspective voice. Ooh, and St. Clair is totally swoon-worthy especially for his flaws. Her father is memorable, as he's a spin-off or a mock of Nicholas Sparks. The main romance in the book develops slowly but surely, with a really satisfying feeling when things work out. :)) Perfect rainy day read, contemporary at its best.

I cannot wait for Lola and the Boy Next Door, the companion novel to Anna, to release. I've heard so many great things so there's no way I'll be disappointed. People are saying it's BETTER than Anna!


Runners up: If I Stay by Gayle Forman and Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher





WHAT ABOUT YOU?
What is the best book you read last year?

Related Posts with Thumbnails