Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox (42-43): Two weeks of mail!


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

I remembered to take a group shot! Everyone, step in line . . .

As promised, a fortnightly IMM post. This is a bit late, because I didn't get to take photos until Sunday morning. Some great titles that I can't wait to read!

Ahem.

Continue! :D


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up now until written.

* = Up for swap

For Review:

Thanks to Pan Macmillan, Hardie Grant Egmont, HarperCollins,
Bloomsbury and Penguin for the review copies!


Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey (+ a funky tote!!)
(07/10/11, 310 pp., Pan Macmillan, RRP $19.99 - accepted)
Review to be published early-August. I loved this! I only finished it last night so there's nothing written up about it yet. But yeah, beautiful story. I really liked the historical (1865) aspect of it. To me, the writing that reflected that historical period didn't feel forced at all. There was a really gripping undercurrent plot, as well as complex characters and a huge whodunnit mystery that kept me guessing right to the bonechilling end.

Graveminder by Melissa Marr
(01/07/11, 320 pp., HarperCollins, RRP $27.99 - unsolicited)
I haven't read anything by Melissa Marr before. It sounds interesting. I'm a bit worried though, as it's "adult fiction" and therefore I might have a hard time getting into it. I'll try, but if I can't, I'll be giving it away. The cover is super pretty, aye?

Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth by Chris Priestley
(01/08/11, 270 pp., Bloomsbury, RRP $16.99 - unsolicited)
I ashamedly admit that I prefer the old covers. I'm . . . actually going to go and get the rest of them in the old covers if I like this one. :S Please don't judge me! But the drawings are too cute!!

Legend by Marie Lu [ARC]
(13/03/11, 230 pp., Pan Macmillan, RRP $16.99 - requested)
DUN DUN DUN! What's all this then? Hello beautiful book. Should I provide you with the quote on the proof copy? I think I should. Here it is --

  "You should have taken me with you,"
I WHISPER TO HIM.

IN MY MIND,
     I MAKE A SILENT PROMISE
   TO MY BROTHER'S KILLER.
I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.

       I WILL SCOUR THE
STREETS OF LOS ANGELES
             FOR YOU.

I MAKE YOU THIS PROMISE:
   YOUR LIFE
       IS MINE.

Love love love!! Must read ASAP.


Shift by Em Bailey *reading now*
(01/09/11, 310 pp., Hardie Grant Egmont, RRP $22.95 - requested)
Suspenseful thriller, meet my eyes. Eyes, suspenseful thriller. Now go and amaze and shock and baffle me, dear book. I think the cover is awesome. I hope to get past the first chapter so I can find out why the cover artist chose it. :P

Whisper by Chrissie Keighery [ARC]
(01/08/11, 270 pp., Hardie Grant Egmont, RRP $16.95 - requested)
I love this cover - it's so pretty! Also, it has the blue/purple combination that my IMM posts have! :P So I read the first chapter, and it was interesting enough. I hope it holds up.

Outside In by Chrissie Keighery
(03/08/09, 208 pp., Hardie Grant Egmont, RRP $16.95 - requested)
I've only heard negative things about this book, but it's short so I'll power through it. Plus, it's Aussie YA, so I'll be reading this for Aussie August!


Angel's Fury by Bryony Pearce
(01/08/11, 300 pp., Hardie Grant Egmont, RRP $19.99 - requested)
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE DEAL WITH THIS COVER IS! Haha. Paranorrrrrrrrmal, I wonder if it's any good. I've heard some good things about it! Also, the text is formatted similarly to my copy of The Dark Divine. That could just be the publisher, or it might be a sign, because I LOVE TDD. :P

Bought:

---

Book buying ban, which I broke. :( Four new books on the way. They were a steal, but that still doesn't change the fact that they're new and they cost me money and I have no more space for them!


Won:




Steel by Carrie Vaughn


Thanks Liz (Planet Print) & Candace (Candace's Book Blog)!


Woot for pirates and magic!
I finally have something HP in my room. All of the HP books are
my sister's, so yeah. Thanks you guys!


Swapped:



Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker


Thanks to Rebecca!


I cannot wait to read these. Haven't read anything by Elizabeth Scott but she's been highly recommended to me heaps of times before! Also, Just Listen is possibly the one Dessen book I've been dying to get and read. Match sounds so cute!


Swag:

---


Netgalley / Galley Grab:


---

Q: In honour of AUSSIE AUGUST, what is your favourite Aussie YA novel?

Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links!! :D

~~~


Since last IMM...2 weeks ago



CURRENTLY READING


READ



NEXT UP



  • Currently Reading:
    Shift by Em Bailey



Related Posts with Thumbnails