Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (11): Shadows on the Moon


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week, I am swooning over
Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott, which is due for release on July 2011!

Title: Shadows on the Moon
Author: Zoë Marriott
Release Date: July 2011
Labels: YA, fairytales, culture diversity (Japanese culture), fantasy, adventure


Why I'm Waiting on Shadows on the Moon:
First off, Zoë can write one hell of a paragraph. I've read many of her teasers for this book, and a bit of her previous book Daughter of the Flames, and she has such a keen knowledge on words. Also, this one has Japanese culture and the like, and I'm hugely interested in it all. (I think I'm still studying Japanese... :P) And look at that cover! Very pretty. :) 

Synopsis (Goodreads):

"Basically, it's Cinderella, turned on its head and set in a faerytale version of Feudal Japan. It's a story about revenge, and obsession and about magic, and about what happens when people lie to themselves and others. But mostly - and most importantly - it's about love, in all its varied, beautiful and frightening forms." --Zoë Marriott

Links:
Goodreads page
Zoë Marriott's site


Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. 2011 is continuing to look like a promising year in the YA book department. ♥


While you're here...
Check out my review for A Blue So Dark by Lisa Schroeder!!!
What are you waiting on this week?
Related Posts with Thumbnails