Saturday, June 17, 2017

[Book Tag] This or That

Source: 

Hey guys! Anyone who really knows me might know that I absolutely love doing quizzy/survey-ish things, so when I saw this on someone's blog (For What It's Worth), I jumped to the occasion! With these things I never care if I've been tagged or not, but I will definitely tag some people at the end. :)

Originally created by Ayunda @ Tea & Paperbacks. If you choose to tag yourself, please link me in the comments below! I love reading these responses!




#1: Reading on the couch or on the bed?

I normally don't get to the couch because my little brother is always watching the TV. I'm definitely more of a bed reader, as long as I don't fall asleep and/or drop the book on my face!


Two: Male main character or female main character?

I think most of my favourite books have female main characters, with a few exceptions (The Great Gatsby, 1984, Of Mice and MenThirteen Reasons Why and My Sister Rosa ). And Harry Potter, but do I really need to mention that series here? Please, give me recommendations!

Three: Sweet snacks or salty snacks when reading?

I normally don't snack when I read books, I'm usually way too immersed in the book to think about eating. Unless if I'm actually hungry. Then I will chow down on meals, but nothing soupy or too messy!

Four: Trilogies or quartets?

Ugh. What a question. I'm not much of a series person anyway, but I guess I'll go with quartet BECAUSE the Lunar Chronicles was a quartet and I adore that series to bits! <3 I also think that trilogies are much more common, so therefore more trilogies have disappointed me in the past (see: Divergent).

Five: First person point of view or third person point of view?

I think if we're talking YA here, I will take first person POV any day. However, if it is literary fiction (yes, the italics are necessary here) or otherwise any adult fiction then I prefer the objectivity that third person POV can provide. Of course, it can also depend on the sub-genre and what kind of story the author is trying to tell.

Six: Reading at night or in the morning?

If I'm not too tired, I prefer to read at night. That said, I can't normally read past like 2-3 am, I'm getting just a tad too old for voluntary all-nighters (I do enough of them with my job!).

Seven: Libraries or bookstores?

My heart! </3 This is like trying to choose between your eyes and your mouth: both are deemed essential for my survival. *sigh* I definitely have a longer history with bookstores, having only discovered the magic of libraries just a year or two ago. Being able to roam your eyes through the aisles and aisles of new releases is enough to bring a tear to your eye. But the library is so convenient, so forgiving, they're always there and it's become like a warm hug to me: when in stress, I visit the library (no, I'm not kidding! See: I have three library cards.). Ugh. I'm going to go with the library. But again, I need to stress this: I need BOTH or else I may just curl up into a ball and die.

Eight: Books that make you laugh or make you cry?

I think it's much easier to write a story that can make you laugh, but when you have truly tapped into something special, so special that you can make your readers connect with your characters on a deep and sustaining level, so much that they cry and shed tears? That takes skill, patience, determination, perseverance, and a great understanding of people. I will always prefer the book that makes me cry, call me a masochist. Being heartbroken over a book can sometimes feel even more gut-renching than anything that has happened to me in real life. That seems to me like a unique and powerful kind of magic un-matched by most others in the world.

Nine: Black book covers or white book covers?

Hm. Er. I'm quite indifferent. I think I'll go with white... just because I feel like black covers are more common? *shrugs shoulders* I don't know, okay?!

Ten: Character driven or plot driven stories?

I probably have quite a few books that I consider my favourites where literally NOTHING HAPPENS. And many people have called those books "boring". But I fell in love with the characters and that's all that mattered to me, the plot didn't matter as much as the little things that happen. :') I'm definitely in the character-driven stories camp.




Tagged


Related Posts with Thumbnails