Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge 2014 (5): Worst Book of 2013


So at the end of 2013 I was looking for something that would help me wrap up the reading/blogging year for me. I finally found it! This challenge consists of one question a day, for the first two weeks of the new year. I'm coming into this a little bit late, but that's never stopped me before! Thanks to Parajunkee for your continued creativity!

Day Five: Worst Book of 2013


What book deserves this honour of being considered my least favourite book of 2013? I'm happy to say that I didn't come across too many stinkers last year. While Allegiant disappointed me immensely (still need to write my review for that...) and Dance of Shadows frustrated me with its horrid storytelling, I'm going to crown Game On by Monica Seles as my stinker of 2013! Woo! *confetti*






(2.5 stars) I was excited to read this book. I knew from the start that it probably wouldn't make it to my favourites for the year, but I was expecting something light, fun and quick to get through. I love tennis and was expecting to read more tennis action. I wish that was the main reason this book fell completely flat for me. The characters. The characters! Full of cliches... the main character is a doormat, "perfect" but always complaining, so eager to please her "idol" who treats her like trash. The love interests (yes, a love triangle - who would have thought!) and the whole romantic arc is just not well developed at all, shallow, base. The writing was... just. Ugh. Just not a good read at all.


Related Posts with Thumbnails