Friday, July 23, 2010

Blog Hop (5)


Hey there. Blog hopping again, however unfortunately I haven't been able to blog hopt that much yet.. :)
However, if you comment me, I'll definitely come visit your blog and check it out! This meme is hosted at Crazy-For-Books.com, and Crazy Jennifer has added a new twist. This week, the question is:

TELL US ABOUT THE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING!


My Answer: I've been trying to read Glimmerglass by Jenna Black, up to 13% or something, but haven't touched it in days (which I believe is mostly because it is an e-book and I have to read it on the computer). 
I'm currently in the thick of reading The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. This book is simply written, but that's not such a bad thing at all. In fact, the modesty & simplicity in Lennie's voice make the extravagant passages really quite special, as well as the beautiful colour-pages of notes and poems that she leaves around. I find that there is something relatable to the characters in the book, and I like Lennie's family, her friend, and Joe (not Toby, although I can sympathise with him). If you're planning on reading this one, you will be astounded by how beautiful the book is! (I have the UK edition) Also, while there is the immoral issue of being entangled between two guys, I feel that there is a justified reason-- she is grieving. She just found a rotten way of dealing with it.

For new visitors, check out my new review of Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli! I shall be posting a review for Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala soon, too. Also, I have an extensive giveaways page. May luck be with you! :)

No follow friday this week. I have too many followers at the moment. However, comment me and if I like your blog, I'll follow! :)

Book blog finds:
Collegiate Bookworm
Under a Star-Studded Sky 

Hope you visit some of my blog findings-- those are the ones I clicked that are a) new, b) interesting, in my opinion and/or c) has a good layout. I get no money from looking around the blog, but I get to see a lot of new spaces around the blogosphere! :D

12 comments:

gautami tripathy said... [Reply]

I like the coover of The Sky is Everywhere!


Here is my post!

Unknown said... [Reply]

I haven't read either of these books, but both look interesting. I found you through the hop!

Nat said... [Reply]

Here from the Hop! I've seen a lot of positive reviews of Glimmerglass. Happy reading!

Tasha said... [Reply]

Stopping by from the hop! I really liked The Sky is Everywhere when I read it. Enjoy the rest!

Readaholics said... [Reply]

Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. Have a great weekend. Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Readaholics Anonymous

Suko said... [Reply]

I am new to your blog via the Hop, and a new follower. :)

Happy reading!!

Priya said... [Reply]

Looking forward to the TMAS review! I haven't read the book yet, but I'm going to the launch party this weekend.

Chicks of Characterization said... [Reply]

Hi there! This is my first HOP, and I wanted to tell you that you have a great blog! I love the cover of Jenna Black's Glimmerglass!

Happy reading!

Sugar and Snark said... [Reply]

Already a follower :) But just hopping by to say hi! Have a good weekend!

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said... [Reply]

I'm itching to read both Glimmerglass and The sky is everywhere! I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews :)

Black Disaster Fairy said... [Reply]

Already a follower! But hopping by to say HI!

Twisted

literarydaydreams.blogspot.com
Book Blog

aworldofpersonality.blogspot.com
Life Ramblings

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hopping by to visit--I already follow. :-) I hope you end up liking Glimmerglass. It was faery YA that I really liked and it brought me out of a mini-reading slump.

-Tiger

http://tigersallconsumingbooks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails