Saturday, October 9, 2010

99th Post -- Book covers & Book Memes!!

So, this is my 99th blog post, so I thought I'd do something a little different. Hope you enjoy!

 BOOK COVERS
Some readers would not be aware of this, but Australians occasionally get different covers than the US. In some even rarer cases, these covers differ from the UK covers.

Penguin Australia does this from time to time.
Oh, that crazy little penguin. Don't know what he'll do next!!




Here are just a few upcoming titles that have new covers.
Comment below with your thoughts!

Yes, the cover for Matched is the UK cover, but how could I not add it?
(left to right)
 Matched - Ally Condie / Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
The Unidentified by Rae Mariz / Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld


Also, I'd love to discover some YA fiction from Aussie authors, because truthfully, much to my embarrassment, I don't know of all that many. So give me suggestions!!

(I've already got Cath Crowley and Marina Marchetta on my checklist.)




MY LIFE IN BOOKS MEME

I've seen this one done at Squeaky Books and Holes in My Brain, and it seems like a lot of fun!

Basically, just answer the phrase with a book title you have read this year! Some of my answers aren't serious...

In high school I was: A Blue So Dark (Holly Schindler)
People might be surprised I'm: Wicked (#5, Pretty Little Liars, Sara Shepard)
I will never be: Perfect (#3, Pretty Little Liars, Sara Shepard)
My fantasy job is: Stork (Wendy Delsol)
At the end of a long day I need: Shug(ah) (Jenny Han)
I hate it when: The Sky is Everywhere (Jandy Nelson)
Wish I had: Thirteen Reasons Why (Jay Asher)
My family reunions are: The Dead (David Gatward) That's all I had!
At a party you'd find me: If I Stay (Gayle Forman)
I've never been to: The Light of Asteria (Elizabeth Isaacs)
A happy day includes: Bright Young Things (Anna Godbersen)
Motto I live by: Bad Girls Don't Die (Katie Alender)
On my bucket list: One Night That Changes Everything (Lauren Barnholdt)
In my next life I want to be: The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

Feel free to snag this meme!
Have fun and leave a comment, I'd love to link/read it! :D

Please don't unfollow me just yet! I have cool stuff planned for November and December. :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails