Monday, September 27, 2010

Contest Craze Mini Challenge #1: Top 5 Books of 2011

Okay, so I may not be from the US, but I have my ways, and gosh darnit, I'm entering every contest of Cindy's Contest Craze!

Let me tell you, going through all the YA 2011 books that I have added in Goodreads . . . choosing only 5 really is a challenge! Gosh, this is really difficult when some of them don't have covers!

Delirium by Lauren Oliver {gr}
There was no way I couldn't include this in my top 5 books. I love Before I Fall way too much to betray Oliver like that. :P Anyway, this one sounds fabulous: controlling society (Matched), dystopic world, love is a "poison" of sorts to which there is now a cure for . . . a promised forbidden romance, or at least a difficult and tribulating one.
While I'm not exactly used to the new cover just yet, the ARC cover is just WOW. Wish I had a copy... 


 The Locket by Stacey Jay {gr}
Can you say COVER LOVE? I also really like the premise of this one: "What if you got a second chance to fix your worst mistake? . . . What if you found out that sometimes, miracles are curses in disguise" Plus, there aren't many books that feature a piece of jewellery as a main motif and driver of the narrative. Can't wait to see how this one WOWs me. :)


Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer {gr}
Love the cover, love the title, love the storyline. Being a sort of music lover, I'm sure I'll enjoy this one! Plus, Sara is such a sweet person. If you comment her on her LJ, she'll reply back, and she's definitely one of those authors you can just approach. Wish I had an ARC of this one: already asked . . . no dice. :'( Curse my Australian residency!



Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman {gr}
This one should be my #1 book, but anyway...
I loved If I Stay, so there was no way I was going to skip out on reading the sequel! Whoever hasn't read IIS already is NUTS. Gayle's characters are beautiful and realistic and likeable; her storytelling: phenomenal. Mia's story is unforgettable, and I can't wait to see what reading in Adam's POV will do for the "continuance" of the story.
Beautiful cover, do I even need to say it? *swoon*


Ripple by Mandy Hubbard {gr}
Having just finished reading You Wish (and loving it), I'm hoping for a completely different story in Ripple, and am looking forward to seeing how Mandy Hubbard allures me in this title.
This one has the makings of a huge success! 






Now, since it's too painful to part with just 5 titles, I've got a list of books that are definitely note-worthy. I couldn't just NOT mention them:


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand {gr}
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard {gr}
Entwined by Heather Dixon {gr}
Falling Under by Gwen Hayes {gr}
Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys {gr}
From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die, #2) by Katie Alender {gr}
Divergent by Veronica Roth {gr}
Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1) by Sarah Porter {gr}
Hourglass by Myra McEntire {gr}
Across the Universe by Beth Revis {gr} (already own an ARC)

7 comments:

Leanna Elle said... [Reply]

I love your picks! Where She Went and Delirium are definitely top of my wishlist, but number 1 on my wishlist for 2011 is probably Desires of the Dead. I can't wait to read it! I must go check out Rival on Goodreads! Sounds good!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said... [Reply]

Great list! I'm also pumped for Where She Went!

Amber said... [Reply]

I forgot about half the books you mentioned! That list was so hard to make!

Kate said... [Reply]

Great picks for the contest. Delirium is on my list too. I also want Across the Universe. :)

Danielle said... [Reply]

I have cover-lust for all those on your list! Wow, stunning!

I have an ARC of 'Across the Universe' too - I can't wait to read it!

Nice picks. You've definitely added to my wishlist and 'TBR' pile.

Nina said... [Reply]

I've got all of them on my tbr list. I'm so going to be broke! :) kind of not looking forward to that! lol.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Hi, Cass, Kirthi Rao tells me you won $40 cash to spend in my shoppe. I was wondering if you'd like to redeem your prize. ;)

If so email me at awelprince@mydesignergirl.com
Awel P.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails