Friday, September 3, 2010

Blog Hop (6)

Book Blogger Hop

Hey fellow bloggers and/or readers,

Thanks for hopping along to my little blog. :) Hope you enjoy your visit, and like what you see. If you do, feel free to follow. It's free!

If you'd like to hop around, too, then visit Jennifer at Crazy for Books for all the details! 

~~~

Here's this week's question:

Do you judge a book by its cover?
Honestly, yes. I can say that most of the books I have read recently have been *blessed* with pretty covers. I'm not the only one out there, I'm sure. They're definitely important in order to draw in potential readers. However, in the way of ARCs and review copies, covers don't play such a big part in this, especially since many ARC covers are not finalised.

I usually browse titles on Goodreads, and if a cover catches my eye, I'll check out reviews & ratings as well as the description. So, a cover is really important, as it is what will make me find out more about the book.

This Week at Words on Paper
  • What I received in the mail this week: {In My Mailbox}
  • Upcoming Contests & Questions: {Contests & Q}
  • Review for Shug by Jenny Han {Shug
  • Waiting on Wedneday: Where She Went by Gayle Forman {WoW}
Upcoming at Words on Paper
  • Giveaway for a popular YA paranormal novel, N...... (Sep 4th)
  • Review for Girl Parts by John M. Cusick (Sep 4th)
  • In My Mailbox (Sep 5th)
  • Waiting on Wednesday: E.... (Sep 8th)
  • Review for The Dead by David Gatward (Sep 11th)
  • Review for One Night that Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt (Sep 18th)
  • Review for The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood (Sep 25th)
  • Review for Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (Oct 2nd)
  • Note: I will be on reading break for the next week, and will be reducing reviews to one a week, until October 20th~. Look out for more giveaways in the next month! {International!} Stay following to stay informed! ALSO, an international book + swag giveaway will commence when I reach 200 followers!

15 comments:

Belinda said... [Reply]

Hi :) I try hard not to judge but it's almost guaranteed the books on my Goodreads TBR list aren't ugly. Hope you enjoy your weekend!! Hope you Hop by my site

Erika said... [Reply]

Hi Cass! I found you through the hop, and I'm now a follower. I really liked your review for The Sky is Everywhere (I LOVE that book!), and I'm looking forward to reading more :)

Have a great weekend!

Erika Breathes Books

Felicity Grace Terry said... [Reply]

Hi Cass, not joining you from the hop, I'm also participating in the Spectacular September Reading Challenge and have decided to visit the other blogs involved. Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed visiting.

Precious said... [Reply]

Hi! I found you through the hop and I'm now following you. I can see that we review the same genre of books! Looking forward to reading your reviews!

If you want you can visit my blog. Have a nice day!

Precious
Fragments of Life

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said... [Reply]

Ooh, I'm also going to be reviewing The Poison Diaries this month. I'll be very curious to see what your thoughts on it were. Oh, and I have yet to come across a book lover who doesn't judge a book by its cover. :)

Pixie said... [Reply]

Yeah, I look at the cover.

~Pixie
www.pageturnersblog.com

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said... [Reply]

Hey, stopping by via the hop. I like your blog name!

Enjoy your weekend,
Stephanie @ www.bestfriends-books.blogspot.com

Sugar and Snark said... [Reply]

It Friday again! Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading!

pussreboots said... [Reply]

Happy Friday. Yes I judge books by their covers.

Alison Can Read said... [Reply]

Happy Friday. Sounds like you have a lot going on at your blog!
My Hop

Louisse A. said... [Reply]

Hi! I found you at the Hop! I also followed you~ :)
Cute blog name! :)
Have a great weekend,
Louisse @ the-soul-sisters.blogspot.com

Sharon K. Mayhew said... [Reply]

I tend to gravitate to books based on their titles and pictures first. Then I read the back covers and make a choice... Have a safe weekend!

Elizabeth said... [Reply]

First time here...very cute blog...love your header.

Yes I do judge a book by its cover...most of the time it turns out for the best. :)

Hopping by.

Stop back at my blog if you like:

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said... [Reply]

Clever blog name also.

Alissa said... [Reply]

Hello! Thought I'd hop by. Love your header banner and review for Girl Parts - I'm looking forward to reading that book. Also, I'm a new follower. :]

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails