Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

What's happened last week (1-8 Sep)?
- I'm currently reading Minder by Kate Kaynak
- The contest for Nightshade by Andrea Cremer is still rolling along. Hosting for Squeaky Books!
- I'm taking part of the ARC Tour for Daughter of Xanadu {link}
- Review: Girl Parts by John M. Cusick {link}

ALSO...
- Win a copy of Firelight by Sophie Jordan (ARC)! It's international, guys! {} Ends Sep-30

Anyway...

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week, I am swooning over The Locket by Stacey Jay, which is due for release on February 2011!


Why I'm Waiting on The Locket:
Beautiful cover aside (the tagline is "How far would you go for a second chance", which is cool), it is a 2011 debut novel. I love how this novel appears to play the "What if" philosophy, as well as some sort of fantasy/paranormal aspects, via the locket. Okay, now for the cover... the colours are brilliantly executed. The background is dark, with the emphasis obviously on the locket and title. And the contrast between the two sides of the locket: bright, serene VS. dark and distraught. Whoever designed the cover is a freakin' genius.


Synopsis (Goodreads):
 
What if you got a second chance to fix your worst mistake?

What if you found out miracles could happen?

What if you found out that sometimes, miracles are curses in disguise...

One girl, two boys, and one very scary piece of jewelry.




Links:
Goodreads page



Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. 2011 is looking to be a promising year in the YA book department. ♥


What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

Jan von Harz said... [Reply]

Hmm this sounds intriguing. I will be on the look out for it. Good pick!

Nomes said... [Reply]

this book looks really cool - I'm hanging out for it too :)

xx

Belinda said... [Reply]

Oh gosh that blurb sounds really good. Off to Goodreads to put it on my TBR list. Thanks for a great WOW !!

Here's my WOW

Lacey Weatherford said... [Reply]

That is a nice little teaser for this book! Very interesting! I will have to check it out! thanks for the recommend!

Leanna Elle said... [Reply]

Love the sound of this one, and the cover is great too.

Great pick!

Kaye said... [Reply]

The cover is so well done, as you pointed out. The dark background really makes the locket pop! Enjoy the book when it hits the shelves.

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said... [Reply]

Ooh this one does look fabulous! And I love the cover for it too!

Heather said... [Reply]

New follower! Found you through Waiting on Weds!!

YA Book Queen said... [Reply]

I so love the sound of this one. Nice pick :D

Anonymous said... [Reply]

An award for you: http://emeraldfiresbookmark.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Nat said... [Reply]

Sounds good---nice pick! Am off to enter your contests---thanks!

Scoot said... [Reply]

This book sounds very cool. I am going to have to add it to my reading list. I love the cover!

Midnight Bloom said... [Reply]

lol, The Locket just happened to be my pick this week too! I can't wait see how good it will be! :)

BBC Book Club said... [Reply]

I have an award for you :-) on my blog www.sapphirereads.blogspot.com

Casey (The Bookish Type) said... [Reply]

I love that the synopsis doesn't tell you much - just enough to whet your appetite. I'll definitely be picking this one up! And I completely agree - that cover is awesomeeee!!!

Casey
The Bookish Type

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails