Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (5)


Hey everyone! I've already read 3 of my 5 planned books to read for the September Spectacular Reading Challenge... I've read 7 books in the span of 10~ days. I've got 3 reviews that will be posted as the days roll by, so hope for that. :) I just finished One Night that Changes Everything, and boy was it a compelling read! I quite liked it. Review to come next Saturday, according to my plans.

Anyway...

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week, I am swooning over Where She Went (#2, IF I STAY) by Gayle Forman, which is due for release April 2011!

Why I'm Waiting on Where She Went:
Hello? Seriously, if you haven't read If I Stay yet, what's wrong with you?!?! It is one of the only books I have re-read, and only in the span of a few months! I never re-read books, but since it's such a brilliant, short but effective, compelling, simply-written but beautiful, interesting, unique-- uses a somehow familiar notion but Gayle deals with all the issues so well; just definitely a MUST READ!
Ahem. So of course, this means that once I found out about Where I Went (I'm happy I found out about this "early on"), I was jumping for joy! Also, Forman has promised a darker-approach on the Mia-Adam dynamic, namely, that they are not together anymore. Slight spoiler, but if you haven't read it yet, that's your fault. :P

Just pimping If I Stay some more, I read this one on COMPUTER the first time around! I read it in the span of one afternoon! Anyone who has read anything on computer knows how terribly painful it is, and should find some merit to this achievement/un-put-downability-ness.


Information:

- Where She Went is set 3 years after the events in If I Stay
- It is written in the POV of Adam this time around
- Forman has said Adam is not as nice as he was in If I Stay
- Adam has become an extremely successful & famous rock God
- More tears and memory/soul/heart-searching to be expected
- As title suggests- "Where She Went", Mia is MIA. ROFL!! XD Sorry, I'm lame. I understand if you un-follow me now.
- Well, okay, Mia has gone to pursue her dreams. So she's not exactly MIA, I think. Though Adam & Mia have been broken up since If I Stay
- BIG SPOILER: If the appearance of a sequel didn't spill it out, I'm sorry. Mia is well and truly ALIVE! Yeah, shocker.




Links:
Goodreads page
Where She Went Teaser Tour
Gayle Forman's site


Other Tidbits
Gayle Forman will be posting the official jacket copy of Where She Went tomorrow, or she SHOULD be, since she promised she'd post it up after her Teaser Tour. I want something that matches my US hardcover of If I Stay, so I can't say I'm particularly happy. Unless I win a US paperback, in which case I can at least relish in all the pretty covers! :D




Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. 2011 is looking to be a promising year in the YA book department. ♥


What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

Nomes said... [Reply]

I'm hanging out for this one too! It is going to be awesome! So pumped she wrote a sequel :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said... [Reply]

You sound very excited...this must mean that you REALLY love this series.

Here's what I found:

http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/waiting-on-wednesday-sept-1/

Lisa said... [Reply]

sounds nice!

Here's Mine

Belinda said... [Reply]

Looks like it could be an interesting read. THanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it :)

Here's my WOW

Swimmer said... [Reply]

I still really want to read if I stay!

kirsty at the overflowing library said... [Reply]

i can't for this either

Anonymous said... [Reply]

I can't wait for this either. I'm even going to break my no-hardback-because-they're-expensive rule for this book!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Mhm, "If I Stay" is on my wishlist and everybody I know who reads this book wants me to read it. Maybe the publication of a sequel/book with another point of view is a good reason to buy both when the second one will be published in April 2011. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sugar and Snark said... [Reply]

I love this cover!! And I have the first book on my to-read-soon list :D

Maria (Serpentine Library) said... [Reply]

I simply adored If I Stay and was thrilled when the sequel was announced. And it's great to know that the official jacket copy will be released tomorrow!

Sharon K. Mayhew said... [Reply]

I have picked up IF I STAY every time I into B & N...I will buy it the next time...You put me over the top. Do you know when the sequel to Dirty Little Lies (book 3) comes out?

Cass said... [Reply]

@Lucie :)

@sternenwanderer You definitely should read it! Seriously, this book is fabulous among its hype, unlike some titles.

@Lu I love it too. VERY pretty. Pick up a copy if you can, ASAP. It's brilliant and haunting and heartbreaking; Contemp. YA at its best. :)

@Maria (Serpentine Library) Hope you enjoy If I Stay! It still hasn't been released (the jacket copy) . . . Gayle better have a good reason for this!

@Sharon K. Mayhew Glad to know-- you won't be disappointed! Do you mean DEADLY Little Lies? (To which Deadly Little Games is the 3rd book) If so, here's the Goodreads page

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails