Thursday, September 9, 2010

Great news for me! :) + More contests!

Not only did I receive 2 awards today (one of them previously received; I will be posting about them tomorrow, since this is only a brief update), but I'm going to be receiving review copies & ARCs from Penguin (Between the Lines)!! This is big! While I'll be going on break (for a month) once September is over, I hope to get some reading done so afterward I'll be able to throw in many reviews at one go. :) (November)

Remember Enna's very squeaky contest being held here: Win Nightshade by Andrea Cremer!

Check out the ARC tour for Daughter of Xanadu: 3 spots left! International, and the book is a debut YA 2011 release! The book sounds brilliant, and if you love historical YA, Asian culture and conflict in love and war, you'll want to check this one out! {link}

This week's review is: The Dead by David Gatward {auto-posting today}

Another contest:
- Not sure if international or not, but I've won a book from them in the past, and that contest was intl. Try your chances, I guess. ;) Anyway, great titles to be won here-- you won't want to miss it! {link}

4 comments:

Nomes said... [Reply]

oooh - that is such awesome news from Between the Lines! You do fabulous reviews - so looking forward to it :)

Wolfe said... [Reply]

Congrats!!! That is super news. If I can ask, how did you get in with penguin books? I haven't been able to figure it out on the website.

beckaboo3283(at)gmail(dot)com

Cass said... [Reply]

@Nomes Thanks! You're so sweet-- I hope to receive some great books, and will try my best to get out as many reviews as I possibly can while juggling school exam prep & not getting too overwhelmed by it all.

@Rebecca I can't tell you for sure how to get in, since it's probably slightly different in Australia. I guess the only thing you can do is keep doing what you're doing, and professionally ask them for a copy of ___ to review. If everything checks up, they're bound to add you to their list. :)
There should be some emails of reference in the 'contact' page...(media)? Or you could try the FAQ, maybe there are answers there. I haven't seen the .com Penguin site, so I can't be of too much help right at this moment.


~~~


I was seriously flipping out when I saw the email! And when I get super excited, I start to laugh. Lucky that no one else was within a 10 m radius, or else I'd have had some explaining to do. You know, to keep me away from the loony bin.

Heather said... [Reply]

Congrats!!!

Also, I'm having a giveaway for Flora Segunda if interested:
http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway-little-squeed.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails