Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week, I am swooning over Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, which is due for release on January 2011!



Why I'm Waiting on Unearthly:

How could I possibly not be waiting on it? Purple cover, beautiful title font, it's a book about angels, a 2011 debut novel . . . Okay, to be honest, I don't even care what the book is REALLY about. Just, damn, look at that cover. Beautiful.


I am shallow.

Synopsis (Goodreads):
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees. . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Links:
Goodreads page
Cynthia Hand's blog


Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. 2011 is continuing to look like a promising year in the YA book department. ♥


What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

Nomes said... [Reply]

yes - I'm sold on that cover too! It's really stunning!

Brittany said... [Reply]

This cover is amazing and this book sounds fantastic too. Great pick!

Steph said... [Reply]

You have been tagged. Visit my blog to see the rules! http://thethoughtsofabookjunky.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-have-been-tagged.html

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said... [Reply]

This one does look amazing. I'm going to add this to my TBR. Thanks for spotlighting it. :)

Leanna Elle said... [Reply]

This one sounds good. I'll be checking it out for sure! :)

Jan von Harz said... [Reply]

Defintiely one I will be looking out for in 2011. Thanks!

Jackie said... [Reply]

Every one of the WOW's so far has added to my wish list to read, this one went there too! Long wait Cass hope you get your book when it releases!


My WOW

jackie ^_^

Heather said... [Reply]

I've seen this one around quite a bit... and have bookmarks for the other two in the series... I should really look into reading them.

Check out my pick HERE

Jill said... [Reply]

If I agree on the cover, does that make me shallow, too? :) It's beautiful...nice pick!

Tara said... [Reply]

Ahh, I want to read this so badly as well! I love the cover. Purple is an amazing cover and it's not used enough. I love that it's a debut novel :) Should be a good one! Thanks for sharing :) I'm a new follower.

Here's what I got this week :)

Belinda said... [Reply]

What a beautiful cover :) The blurb sounds so good and it's now on my TBR list. Thanks so much for a great recommend :)

Here's my WOW for the week

Straylights said... [Reply]

Yeah, I love the cover too and I freely admit to being shallow lol!
This sounds like it will be really interesting, great pick!


Come check out my WoW :)

Flippin' Fabulous said... [Reply]

Yes, I love teh cover :-) Seen tons of awesome covers today.

Check out my WOW

-Stacey

Julie said... [Reply]

I love the cover of this one! I saw it a while back on Goodreads but I don't remember if it said what it was about. Now I know! It's sounds great! Here's my WoW. You're really actually currently reading it...lucky duck!

sablelexi said... [Reply]

The cover looks great, adn on the plus side the story also looks good.

Check out my WOW here.

Also while you are there, please check out my Halloween Giveaway.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails