Saturday, September 18, 2010

In My Mailbox (9) // WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.

This is a special week this week:--
1, because I received 19 books in one week &
2, because I've got PHOTOS!!! *throws confetti*

This one will be formatted differently... I have 4 piles of books, and so I'll have 4 "headings" . . . So, let's get started!

For Review {5} 


- I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
- The Eternal Ones by Kierstan Miller
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (ARC! Super super excited and ecstatic that I get to read this one early~~)
- Siren by Tricia Rayburn

I'm so excited to read these ones! I've heard great things about each of these books, so I hope I enjoy them as well. I love the shiny parts of each book cover; they're all really pretty. It's really cool that Penguin Aus receives the books a month~ in advance, which is something I never really ever contemplated before. I've requested for four more titles, though only 1 of them is available right now (?).

Thank you thank you thank you Penguin Australia for these books!


Won {15}
Thanks a lot, everyone for the great books!

Contemporary Love
Hosted by Nancy at Ravenous Reader


- Hold Still by Nina LaCour Signed
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson Signed
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman Signed
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Party Girl by Sabrina James (ARC)

My first boxed up package! Seriously, such beautiful books and I'm excited to read HOLD STILL, for I had already read the other three (but have not received that same cover before). I will no doubt re-read, though.

Clockwork Angel
Hosted by Zoë Marriott, author of The Swan Kingdom, Daughter of Flames, and upcoming Shadows on the Moon!


- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Daughter of the Flames by Zoë Marriott Signed
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- 2 bookplates signed by Zoë, as well as a magnet (both not in picture) and a note. :)

I was only expecting to receive CA, but Zoe got all sneaky and threw in a whole lot more! I've been wanting to read Shiver for a while, and I'm so happy that I get to read Daughter of the Flames while I wait for Shadows of the Moon to release, in 2011.

Winter Flings
Hosted by Steph Bowe, through Hachette Children books!



- The Silver Blade by Sally Gardner (a historical YA fiction, French revolution!!)
- Skins: The Novel by Ali Cronin
- Night World by L.J. Smith
- I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You (#1, Gallagher Girls) by Ally Carter
- The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

Now, with this one I'm disappointed. I was not meant to end up with Night World. I do not want it, to be honest. I want my copy of Ash by Malinda Lo!!! Deceptive advertising? On Steph's part? On Hachette's part? Not sure. I'm still trying to get this sorted out. I emailed Steph, but she hasn't responded yet -- I guess I'll just be patient for now and hope for the best. In other words, I'm stoked to get to read Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls! :D

Bought {0}

Bookmooch {0}

Library {0}

Swag {1}
- 2 bookplates signed by Zoë, as well as a magnet (both not in picture) and a note. :)

Signed books! :D


~~~

Note: eBooks will only be counted in here if they are for review/won. Netgalley is NOT included in this.
That is one beautiful bunch of books!


My bookshelf is officially full, now. I anticipate that the coming week will be quiet in terms of new book arrivals, which suits me just fine. Erin @ Penguin will be sending some more books in the coming months, titles which I am so so so excited to receive, read and review!


What did you get in your mailbox?

NEWS: 
  • Currently Reading: Stork by Wendy Delsol (releases in October)
  • September Spectacular! Reading Challenge: Book 3 (One Night that Changes Everything) has been read and reviewed. :) {review}
  • Remember the giveaway for Nightshade by Andrea Cremer is still running! {link} Ends September 21st
  • New giveaway at my blog! 2 winners will walk away with some swag. :) {link} Ends October 1st
  • I was featured on see scoot read as part of Blogger Appreciation Week! Thanks a lot, Scoot! :) {link}
  • HOLLY CUPALA will be featuring me (along with many other bloggers) in October! Look out for that -- I just sent in my little paragraph earlier today.



24 comments:

Debra's Book Cafe said... [Reply]

WOW! My eyes are blinded with all the pictures of books you have got! I am totally jealous! Looking forward to reading the reviews, especially the one called If I Stay.. I am contemplating getting that one myself... Best wishes

Brittany said... [Reply]

Wow so many excellent books this week. It's a good thing you already have read Before I Fall and The Sky is Everywhere. You would definitely have to start with those ones otherwise. Happy Reading!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Awesome week! I've read all of those contemporary novels and loved each one. Hope you do as well! :)

Blueicegal ♥ said... [Reply]

omg!!11 cass you lucky cow i am filled with envy! enjoy :D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said... [Reply]

oh. my. gosh. You got SO many great books! I'm dying to read Across the Universe, so I just can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! :)

kirsty at the overflowing library said... [Reply]

fab books - I am jealous. I am number four is awesome!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Wow :O i'm totally jealous too !!! So many books it's awesome :D !! And you're so lucky you've won many books. I never win anything :(.
I'm gonna read soon Clockwork Angel, If I stay and Before I fall so can't wait to read your reviews :). And I'm number four is in my mailbox this sunday too :D.

StephTheBookworm said... [Reply]

I LOVED Siren and Hold Still. Enjoy.

Liz said... [Reply]

You got tons of great books! I loved Before I Fall and Across The Universe looks great. Happy reading!

YA Book Queen said... [Reply]

Whoa! So many incredible books (Siren & Before I Fall rock)! Hope you enjoy them all :)

Badass Bookie said... [Reply]

*whistles* and I thought my mailbox was good!!! great hurl Cass! You prbably the luckiest blogger out there! I don't think I know any other blogger that has won so many book... jeez it must mean I really unlucky (hehe) but great book anyway, I got all the review ones last month from Penguin too! Aussie rock right?

Precious said... [Reply]

Awesome books Cass! Glad that you'll finally be able to read Shiver! :)

Little Miss Becky said... [Reply]

What a huge haul of great books! I can't wait to hear what you think of Across the Universe. Shiver was fantastic, I hope you enjoy it! Lots of happy reading to you!

Manda said... [Reply]

Hello there! Following you now too! So exciting to find other Aussie bloggers. There's so few of us...
Wow. You have an amazing mailbox! Quite a few I own or want to read. Clockwork Angel and Shiver are awesome. I've got Siren out from the library atm and really should read it instead of letting it gather dust for a month til they send me a letter saying it's overdue. Woops! Hahaha enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Belinda said... [Reply]

Holy cow I think I drooled a little of your books. Congratulations on receiving so many great titles. Happy reading :)

Here's my In My Mailbox

Nomes said... [Reply]

wow. so awesome - such a brilliant stash. i cant wait to read hold still. and to have so many signed books! that's so brilliant! feeling pumped for you.

Sugar and Snark said... [Reply]

Oh wow great mailbox!!

Enjoy Before i Fall :)

Sarah said... [Reply]

WOW! immensely jealous. Across the Universe and Bright Young Things?? You are lucky!

Aisle B said... [Reply]

OMG! You hit the jackpot of all jackpots with you mailbox! WOW!

Posted my meager winnings on Aisle B so come on by :)

http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1148967819/mailbox-monday-in-my-mailbox

Candace said... [Reply]

Wow! What a haul! A ton of awesome books!

Leanna Elle said... [Reply]

What a great book week! I can't wait to read Bright Young Things! It's not published over here until January. Boo!

Manga Maniac said... [Reply]

You got some really awesome books this week! I can hardly wait to read your reviews. Enjoy!

Rhiannon Hart said... [Reply]

Yay! Aussie blogger :D AMAZING books this week, enjoy!

A.J. said... [Reply]

Wow, lots of awesome books! I loved The Sky is Everywhere and If I Stay. :D Across the Universe sounds really good. Hope you like it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails