Sunday, December 12, 2010

Aussie YA Challenge 2011

 
 
Isn't that koala adorable? No, living in Australia doesn't automatically make me able to see these everyday. I've actually only ever seen them in a zoo.

The Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011 is hosted by Nic at Irresistable Reads and Nomes at Ink Crush. These are two amazing bloggers and people, and I'm glad that they've taken the time to organise this challenge, because I need this. Maybe listing all my Aussie YA TBR will help me get some of them to read. Maybe then I can actually call myself a "true" Aussie blogger. If you've been watching my blog, you'll know that pretty much none of my reviews are of Australian books, and I wish to assauge that.

For the challenge, Aussies are to read at least 12 Aussie YA novels. Here's my list for now:

My To-Be Read Aussie Books

* own
  1. On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta *
  2. Stolen - Lucy Christopher
  3. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
  4. Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley
  5. Raw Blue - Kirsty Eager
  6. Beatle meets Destiny - Gabrielle Williams
  7. Good Oil - Laura Buzo
  8. Six Impossible Things - Fiona Wood
  9. This is Shyness - Leanne Hall
  10. Everything Beautiful - Simmone Howell
  11. Ballads of Suburbia - Stephanie Kuehnert
  12. Beautiful Malice - Rebecca James
  13. A Little wanting Song - Cath Crowley
  14. John Belushi Is Dead - Kathy Charles
  15. Guitar Highway Rose - Brigid Lowry
  16. Girl Saves Boy - Steph Bowe
  17. Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters #2) - Jessica Shirvington
  18. Mercy - Rebecca Lim *
 
I am terrible at adhering to the exact limit, but the more variety allows for flexibility.
 
I am especially excited to read Good Oil, This is Shyness, A Little Wanting Song, Guitar Highway Rose, Girl Saves Boy and Mercy. A lot of those are Nomes' and Nic's recommendations. ;) Trying to find them will be easy. Off to the library!
 
 
Not Aussie? International readers have to read at least 6 Aussie YA books. There will also be contests, interviews and guest posts of Australian featured authors throughout next year. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails