Friday, December 3, 2010

Blog Hop (13) || Follow Friday (10)


Book Blogger Hop
Hey fellow bloggers and/or readers,


Thanks for hopping along to my little blog. :) Hope you enjoy your visit, and like what you see. If you do, feel free to follow.

If you'd like to hop around, too, then visit Jennifer at Crazy for Books for all the details! 

Here's this week's question:

 "What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

I think that a lot of popular and hyped up books are for good cause, and I'm generally happy with the books that I pick up because of its popularity. One book that I can say I've been let down, even a little bit, by the hype, is Matched, which is actually a really good book. It just wasn't as good as I'd made it up to be. However, books such as Before I Fall (and more specifically, DELIRIUM!!) and Anna and the French Kiss . . . wow.



Hosted by Parajunkee's View, another feature meme through which you can discover new blog sites. :) If you follow me, comment and I'll follow you back without fail.

Here's this week's question:

What do you do besides reading / reviewing as a hobby??

I don't have nearly as many hobbies as I used to, before I started blogging, since it occupies a lot of my time. However, I like writing . . . mainly poetry. Because I can never get too far into a story. :| I enjoy bike riding, as well as swimming and tennis, but I don't get to do either of them enough to qualify as a hobby.

Mostly, I just watch TV, if I'm not reading or blogging, or on the computer in general. That said, I do play a few games. Also, not nearly as much as I used to. I like to listen to music? I used to play the guitar, but that . . . kind of died. Just not interested in it. At least at the moment.


What happened this week?
(weekly)
- Review of The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams: "intense" and "evocative" (4/5)

- Review of The Lying Game by Sara Shepard: "Sara Shepard is back, and her new series holds the same formula that made the Pretty Little Liars series so successful" (4.5/5)

- I'm waiting on Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma this week.

- A sneak peak into Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins with Teaser Tuesday.

- #3 Elevensies Love feature, for debut author Beth Revis and her sci-fi romance YA novel, Across the Universe.

- Posted my very first Daily Dose Monday feature

- I set myself the challenge: YA Historical Fiction Challenge, hosted at YA Bliss.

- In My Mailbox (17)

- Weekend Question (8)



Related Posts with Thumbnails