Thursday, November 11, 2010

[NetGalley] New additions #1



I, like many of you, love checking out NetGalley often, in the hopes of snagging those highly-awaited titles. It's a real life-saver for those with e-readers of any kind. Even if you're like me, who doesn't own anything compatible with the formats that NetGalley requires--who would read a couple ARCs from computer. I love NetGalley. Just a few reasons for you guys to join and start requesting those titles, here are some YA/MG titles that have been added.

This is kind of like an "ode to" NetGalley. I may continue on this, and post something like this every few months. Even going through the lists again, I picked up a couple new titles that I've just requested. For the record, I have read two novels via NetGalley so far. :)


The Books

Sorted from most recently added to NetGalley.

The links go to GOODREADS. You'll have to search for the titles yourselves, via NG.

Title | Author | Release Date


  Mystify (Mystyx, #1) | Artist Arthur | February 1st 2011

Awaken | Katie Kacvinsky | May 23rd 2011
The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) | Julie Kagawa | February 1st 2011

 
The Betrayal of Maggie Blair | Elizabeth Laird | April 18th 2011

Dark Parties | Sara Grant | August 2nd 2011
The Vespertine
| Saundra Mitchell | March 7th 2011

What Can't Wait | Ashley Hope Perez | March 1st 2011

 

Savannah Grey | Cliff McNish | April 1st 2011
Lost in the River of Grass | Ginny Rorby | March 1st 2011
Everything I Was | Corrinne Demaz | April 1st 2011


The Cellar | A.J. Whitten | May 2nd 2011
The Lying Game | Sara Shepard | December 7th 2010
Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) | Courtney Allison Moulton | January 4th 2011
Unearthly | Cynthia Hand | March 2011


 
Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) | Ellen Schreider | December 28th 2010

Delirium (Delirium, #1) | Lauren Oliver | February 1st 2011
Always a Witch (Witch, #2) | Carolyn MacCullough | August 1st 2011

 

 
Haint Misbehavin' | Maureen Hardegree |
July 1st 2011
The Lipstick Laws | Amy Holder |
April 4th 2011
My Misadventues as a Teenage Rockstar | Joyce Raskin, Carol Chu (illus.) | June 13th 2011

Dragon Chica | May-lee Chai | October 31st 2010


 
Adios, Nirvana | Conrad Wesselhoeft |
October 25th 2010
The Keening | A. LaFaye |
April 1st 2010


Questions
How does NetGalley work?
After registering and logging in to your NetGalley account, you are free to request titles at your will. The respective publishers will then receive the request, and either accept or decline that request. When accepted, you will be given the option to download galley, read preview, etc. You can either use any of the accepted programs for the galleys, or plug them into your e-readers (no idea how). After reading, you can choose to review the book. Follow the links. It's not too difficult.

I've been declined for a title. What am I doing wrong?

I was declined many titles, repeatedly for some of Harper Teen's titles. I emailed straight to Harper Teen--this is what Callie (Marketing Associate) said:
When NetGalley subscribers request a title, the only thing that shows up for me is their name and company. Therefore, if your blog name is not included in the company field in your profile, I have no way of knowing if you’re a blogger. Since I am only able to approve a limited number of requests, I’m not able to approve those where I can’t tell if it’s for a blogger or reviewer.

If you update accordingly and re-request, I can approve you.

The popularity of the title will also account towards whether you will be accepted or not.
I can tell you that other than Harper Teen, every other publisher has accepted for YA titles.

Good luck!

Links


Please comment if any of this was helpful, or if I introduced you to a new book, or alerted you of the available of a book that you're anticipating. Editing this post was annoying. Just sayin'.

Related Posts with Thumbnails