Saturday, November 6, 2010

Weekend Question (6): Protagonists


Weekend Question is hosted at Liz at Cleverly Inked. Every weekend, a bookish question will be asked. This week's question was quite fun, and had me ransacking my "read" list. The decision was quite difficult, since many of my read books are DEPRESSING.

Weekend Question:

Do you prefer a Male or Female protagonist?

Definitely female, but that is because then there is a greater possibility that I will be able to relate to the protagonist. However, male protagonists are interesting, and I really appreciate when I do read a novel that is written by a man, since there is not nearly as much out there, especially in the YA genre.

I'm ashamed to say that no male author is a favourite author to me just yet. Wait--I lie. I love, love, love Jay Asher. My God he seems like such an amazing person, and I love how inspirational he is. He goes around all over the country, it seems, and does school talks about his book; his facebook statuses are, 76.399% of the time about food (I commented telling him just that :P); he's currently writing a second novel after his very, very successful debut novel of 2007, Th1rteen R3asons Why. Definitely check that one out.

That said, I love CLAY JENSON. I hope to meet someone out there who is a little bit shy, but an all-rounder good guy, smart, who wants to help people and steps out of the norm a bit in so doing, or even perhaps, thinking just that.

I think I went off on a tangent there...

Go ahead and berate me for being "literarily" ignorant.

Yo! Are you interested in joining in the weekly meme, too? Make sure to link back to Liz @ Cleverly Inked!
Related Posts with Thumbnails