Sunday, August 22, 2010

[Breakin' News] #7 BOOK TRAILER - Delcroix Academy, The Candidates

I'm hoping this is official, since it pretty darn well looks it! I've been anticipating this book for a while... Many of you have probably already seen the cool cover, info and synopsis, but here they are anyway.

Title: The Candidates (#1, Delcroix Academy)
Author: Inara Scott
Release Date: August 24th 2010 (2 days!!)
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books
Synopsis: (From Goodreads)
Dancia Lewis is far from popular. And that's not just because of her average grades or her less-than-glamorous wardrobe. In fact, Dancia's mediocrity is a welcome cover for her secret: whenever she sees a person threatening someone she cares about, things just...happen. Cars skid. Structures collapse. Usually someone gets hurt. So Dancia does everything possible to avoid getting close to anyone, belieiving this way she can supress her powers and keep them hidden.

But when recruiters from the prestigious Delcroix Academy show up in her living room to offer her a full scholarship, Dancia's days of living under the radar may be over. Only, Delcroix is a school for diplomats' kids and child geniuses--not B students with uncontrollable telekinetic tendencies. So why are they treating Dancia like she's special? Even the hottest guy on campus seems to be going out of his way to make Dancia feel welcome.

And then there's her mysterious new friend Jack, who can't stay out of trouble. He suspects something dangerous is going on at the Academy and wants Dancia to help him figure out what. But Dancia isn't convinced. She hopes that maybe the recruiters know more about her "gift" than they're letting on. Maybe they can help her understand how to use it...But not even Dancia could have imagined what awaits her behind the gates of Delcroix Academy.

Behold... the trailer!


6 comments:

Candace said... [Reply]

Thanks for sharing the trailer, I hadn't seen it yet. I'm looking forward to the book though! I won it from the publisher and am hoping it'll get here shortly after it's released. I'm also planning on going to the authors booksigning which is exciting!

Sharon K. Mayhew said... [Reply]

It sounds like a great read, Cass...I hadn't heard of it, but it sounds like something I would really enjoy. :) Thanks for the introduction...

Brittany said... [Reply]

Thanks for sharing this trailer, I hadn't seen it yet. Makes me want to read this book even more!

Erika Powell said... [Reply]

thanks for the trailer, I am excited about this book. the buzz has all been fantastic

Kristen said... [Reply]

I am dying to read this one! It looks fantastic and if it didn't come out the same day as Mockinjay... I may try to read it this week. lol.

Violet said... [Reply]

Thanks for sharing this trailer! I am looking forward to reading this one too. I hope to attend Inara's book launch next month to pick up a signed copy. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails